Strike Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All your thoughts on pt.

3 posters

Go down

All your thoughts on pt. Empty All your thoughts on pt.

Post  Dan Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:41 pm

What do you like?

What do you hate?

What do you miss?

Any other questions/comments about pt could go here to be discussed about.

First topic at hand: Melee

I think it's stupid. Especially for Heavy class. If you can't gun down a lagging recon as heavy anyways, it just means you aren't good enough, or you lag just as bad. Assault melee /could/ stay, because their armor is significantly lighter then the heavy class. I also think the pistol is near useless on heavy. Before, it was a big part, now all you need is F to beat a heavy pistol'ing you. What are your thoughts about this topic?

Dan

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

All your thoughts on pt. Empty Re: All your thoughts on pt.

Post  Cantbeatme Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:54 pm

I melee is quite stupid on the heavy, and i agree with what your saying there. With the assault, i rather like the melee. Forces recons to be more of a "Recon" and i have seen more gun activity by recons (Thats a good thing.) Scout is what i miss, and a lot of people will agree with me there. The pistol on heavy is useless, thought several times iv bet a heavy by using it, while they tried to Melee. Its the only Amour piercing gun. Neutral Its also a second choice after your out of ammo, and there's no medic in sight.
I would like to see a class similar to the scout back, or its main weapon.
Cantbeatme
Cantbeatme

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  Balddude Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Dan wrote:What do you like?

What do you hate?

What do you miss?

Any other questions/comments about pt could go here to be discussed about.

First topic at hand: Melee

I think it's stupid. Especially for Heavy class. If you can't gun down a lagging recon as heavy anyways, it just means you aren't good enough, or you lag just as bad. Assault melee /could/ stay, because their armor is significantly lighter then the heavy class. I also think the pistol is near useless on heavy. Before, it was a big part, now all you need is F to beat a heavy pistol'ing you. What are your thoughts about this topic?

Not quite true. When Klonoa heavies, she NEVER uses melee, only pistol, and she can easily waste any other heavy which is meleeing without dying herself.

Well, now to my own opinions about the game.

What I like:
I love the gameplay and the competitiveness. And when people complain that you lag or stuff like that after you kill them, the feeling is sensational. Also, the diversity of classes and their advantages and disadvantages against other classes also is very unique. Another thing I love is when there are 2 great epic assault teams, or 4 good CTF teams, or 4 good TDM teams all against each other. I love how great players incorporate teamwork and sacrifice in order to help one another to win.

What I hate:
I hate the booting system, where when you are booted, you get a death. I think that Blank should make it that when you quit a game, you get a death whereas if you get booted, you don't. I don't have any grudges against melee, except I think it should have it's own stamina bar so people will time their heavy or assault melee more carefully.

What do you miss:
Guardian and Warzone. Man were those maps the bomb. Back then, getting a flag meant so much because of the immense difficulty. It was so fun.
Balddude
Balddude
Major Activity

Number of posts : 194
Location : California (where I was born), Singapore (where I am now)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Cantbeatme wrote:I melee is quite stupid on the heavy, and i agree with what your saying there. With the assault, i rather like the melee. Forces recons to be more of a "Recon" and i have seen more gun activity by recons (Thats a good thing.) Scout is what i miss, and a lot of people will agree with me there. The pistol on heavy is useless, thought several times iv bet a heavy by using it, while they tried to Melee. Its the only Amour piercing gun. Neutral Its also a second choice after your out of ammo, and there's no medic in sight.

I had suggested they kept the scout class, but name it to something like "marksmen" class. But that of course didn't happen. I'm not saying it's impossible to pistol a melee'ing heavy. Although, if you are close range with one, you might as turn out the lights, because the party is over.

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Balddude Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:27 am

Dan wrote:
Cantbeatme wrote:I melee is quite stupid on the heavy, and i agree with what your saying there. With the assault, i rather like the melee. Forces recons to be more of a "Recon" and i have seen more gun activity by recons (Thats a good thing.) Scout is what i miss, and a lot of people will agree with me there. The pistol on heavy is useless, thought several times iv bet a heavy by using it, while they tried to Melee. Its the only Amour piercing gun. Neutral Its also a second choice after your out of ammo, and there's no medic in sight.

I had suggested they kept the scout class, but name it to something like "marksmen" class. But that of course didn't happen. I'm not saying it's impossible to pistol a melee'ing heavy. Although, if you are close range with one, you might as turn out the lights, because the party is over.

I don't agree with you yet again there. A heavy can withstand 5-6 melees in order to die, whereas it can only take 4 desert eagle shots. Since you are close range, chances are both heavies would not miss against each other, so they would both probably die.
Balddude
Balddude
Major Activity

Number of posts : 194
Location : California (where I was born), Singapore (where I am now)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:10 pm

But lag also plays a part. It's a lot easier to melee then shoot. Sometimes you'll hit them bang on, but they are at a different place due to lag. At least pistol-to-pistol, both are on fair ground.

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum